Monday, March 30, 2009

That's White

I have so much to share about the Women's Retreat I attended this weekend... so many stories, so many crucial lessons learned, and so many blessings. However, that post is going to have to wait. I feel a much stronger desire to write about something even more important to me.

~~~~~~~~

Those who know Chris, know that he's truly a "one of a kind" man. I mean this in the funny sense and in all seriousness. He makes me laugh every single day, and laughs right back at me. He makes an elephant noise when I blow my nose from a cold because it really sounds like that. It makes me feel so much less self-conscious when he helps me find the humor in these moments.

I love how protective he is of me. He's so concerned about my health and this nasty cold/fever that I've had for two weeks. Without me asking, he walks over to me with a cup of water and medicine every time he sees me. Sometimes we'll be in the middle of talking and he'll hand me a glass of water and say, "Please take a drink, sweetie. It will help your throat." He makes me tea (and tries to make it taste as good as possible because he knows I'm not a fan of tea), and brings over ginger ale and saltines to help my stomach feel better. When he goes to the store, he gets things for when I come over to visit... things that he would never eat himself, but thinks would help me feel better.

When I came home from the Women's Retreat he and I went to The Rock Church. After the service we went back to his house and he made me some soup for my throat. I always like to brush my teeth after I have dinner, and so I had been using a spare toothbrush at his house whenever I came over for dinner. When I went to brush my teeth I noticed the former little blue toothbrush I had been using was gone. He had gone out and bought me a brand new pink toothbrush just because he knows I like pink.

My very favorite moment was him sitting next to me and listening to me go on and on about the things I learned this weekend. He had already finished eating his soup and I hadn't even touched mine, but his eyes never left my face. He smiled sweetly and held my hand as I talked for over an hour straight. When I was done, he put both of his arms around me and with the most tender voice he said, "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in all of my life. You are absolutely amazing."

I have never known a man so tender and loving as Chris is. He blesses me and serves me in ways that I don't think anyone else would even think to. He is so selfless and always gives without ever expecting or hoping for anything in return.

The Lord gave me a more incredible man than I even prayed for... and I must say, he looks mighty handsome with his new "army" haircut. :) Oh sweet Lord, am I ever grateful and undeserving!


-Kelley

3 comments:

  1. Love this post Kelley. It's always nice to hear you say the things I know about him. He's truly one of a kind. I'm really happy that you have found eachother. This other side of Chris isn't something I'm used to seeing but always knew was there. He's always putting others first. He's a great brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Kel...that is such a 'White' thing. I was tearing up reading your post because it does remind me of my Timmy, too, but knowing that Chris is this wonderful man to you, well, it doesn't come as a surprise, but it is very endearing and I am so blessed by it.

    Sometimes when I am around their parents, I am brought to a moment of praying silently for them, thanking God for them and their tender example of marriage. OK, I am tearing up again...is my pregnancy hormones, the usual emotional side of me, or just the overwhelming sense of thanks I have to God for what this family has come to mean to me and I am seeing mean to you? We know it is the latter ;0).

    BTW, I find it SO funny that each of the brother's got some serious 'talkers' as their significant others, because anyone that knows me and Natalie know we can talk to a tree for hours and be very happy. Looks like you are a pea in our pod, Sister.

    Can't wait to hear about the retreat and to see C.W.'s haircut!! Sorry I wrote a novel. Just excited is all.

    xoxo, V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely unworthy of this much praise. You are too kind my darling!

    ReplyDelete