Saturday, April 4, 2009

Something Old, Something New

Do you ever have days when you feel just plain sentimental? I sure do. In fact, today's my lucky day! Taking a stroll down memory lane, even if it wasn't THAT long ago, always leaves me feeling nostalgic. These moments are bittersweet, but I am choosing to embrace them today.


Flipping through pictures from a couple of years ago, I found photos of my family at my sister Sarah's wedding. I smile whenever I see them. It seems so long ago to me.



I love this first picture. Even though we are all wearing beautiful dresses and holding flowers, it still reminds me of being on a rollercoaster.








Even girls with big mouths can show their softer side...








Who can reach the finish line first? I would have won for sure if Kevin hadn't pushed me out of the way. The little cheater!





Giving my Maid of Honor speech... I don't remember exactly what I said, but apparently it was pretty funny!





And the best part of all... I caught the bouquet! According to tradition, that means that I'll be the next one to get married. :)




Something New


How humbling and encouraging to receive a very special award from two very beautiful Proverbs 31 wives...





What I especially love about this award is the meaning behind it:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated."

Veronica and Natalie... thank you so much for the sweet words and encouragement! Our desire is to do all things "As unto the Lord" (Colossians 3:23) and I love that our blogs are no different!


I only have 4 friends here on Blogspot, so that makes giving out the award very easy... EVERYONE GETS ONE! :)


And the Award Goes To...




#1. Veronica over at Luv My Arrows. From the very first moment I met Veronica I felt as though I had known her for years. Our mutual love for the Lord, children, and the White family made us instant sisters at heart and in spirit. My favorite thing about her is that she is one of the most genuinely kind and beautiful women I have ever met. If you want evidence of her dedication to the Lord, you need not look further than her family. "Her children call her blessed and her husband praises her." I love her dearly and always look forward to reading the treasured moments she shares with us on her blog! This woman is the epitome of what it means to be truly beautiful on the inside and out.

#2. Natalie over at Raising Miracles. I remember the first time I met Natalie in person. She and Dan were waiting at a restaurant for me and Chris to meet them for dinner. Anyone who knows Natalie knows that she has the most beautiful and welcoming smile. After talking for a little bit, our table was finally ready. Natalie went to visit the Girl's Room while the rest of us sat down. At this point I could barely hold it in and the moment Natalie was out of sight I blurted out to Dan, "Oh my goodness! Your wife is absolutely stunning!" I went on and on about her to Chris on the drive back. What a tender spirit and a beautiful face! No wonder her sweet family is so in love with her! This woman is an absolute gem and her strength and courage, which are so evident if you've ever had the pleasure of reading her blog, is an absolute inspiration to me.

#3. Christopher over at Rancho Del Rey Church Salt N Light Ministry. In spite of the fact that this Godly man is the love of my life, his blog is a blessing through and through. Although I'll admit that one of the first things I noticed about Chris was how handsome he is, I really fell in love with him when I saw his dedication to ministry. With a love of politics myself, I was eager to know a man so dedicated to a ministry that is so unpopular yet crucial. I know that anyone who passionately led a ministry revolving around "Politics and Religion" had to either be completely crazy about the Lord or a glutton for punishment. Chris' dedication to the Lord is an inspiration to me every day. I can say with complete honesty that he is my hero. I didn't think that a man who is both a warrior and so tender existed anymore... a King David... a man after God's own heart. Please take the time to check out his ministry blog... there is no doubt in my mind that he will bless your heart as much as he has mine.

#4. JM over at The Grewe Crew. I love this woman! If there was a separate award for Hospitality JM would win it hands down! Her loving heart opens her home to fellow Believers and unbelivers with such joy! If you spend even 5 minutes with The Grewe Crew you will learn something... many things... things of worth. I cherish the conversations and the laughter I have shared with her and in her home. The Lord has His loving hands in her life in such a huge way. It's a comfort to look at her and realize that women can be strong and tender all at the same time. I cherish this woman more than words can say and I thank the Lord daily for the example that she is to her fellow sisters. Read her blog if you want to see the adorable daughter that she is raising up in the Lord! You will see that her beauty was inherited from her wonderful mommy.


You are a treasure, dear friends. I love you very much.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words.

    xoxo,
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the pictures, Kel!!!! Your sisters are as gorgeous as you are. However, I can't wait to see you in white...can I say that? I just love you that much already.

    Oh, and can I say that I was so humbled by your sweet words towards me. You have become such a sweet part of my life and I thank God for you.

    Lastly, I was reading what you wrote about Chris to Tim and he was just laughing and saying 'That is God! Only God could make someone love Chris like that'....brothers... they crack me up. You guys are just too cute.

    xoxo, Veronica

    ReplyDelete