Wednesday, March 25, 2009

~ Encouragement Heals ~

Being sick is no fun at all! I hate being sick. Cold, sore throat, fever and flu all at the same time? Really?! I'm definitely a sick puppy right now.




... don't you feel bad for the poor little guy? :(

I have waaay too many important things going on the rest of the week to let this bug get me down. I'm feeling better than I was this morning, so I have that to be thankful for! Thank you to all who lifted me up in prayer!

What else do I have to be thankful for?

God must love me a lot to bring such wonderful people into my life. Here are a few blessings I received that turned this "sick in bed" day into a "sick in bed but blessed" day:

Blessing #1.

My sister Sarah (who is pregnant and due in a couple of months) got up at 3:00 this morning to get me some medicine and water from the kitchen. When she got home from work today she went straight to my room to see how I was feeling. It was such a comfort and encouragement to know that she cares so much. :)

Blessing #2.

My parents and other siblings (Heather, Becca, and Paul) prayed for me all day and my brother said that he wanted to ask his Youth Group to pray for me as well. What an encouragement!

Blessing #3.

I called AAA today and spoke with a woman there named Delaney in hopes to get a situation sorted out with my auto insurance policy. As I explained the situation to to her, I was amazed at how kind and understanding she was. She even asked me if I was feeling alright. With my raspy sore throat I told her that I've been sick in bed all day. This sweet woman said that she was going to get everything sorted out as quickly as possible so I could "get some well deserved sleep and feel better!" I was completely humbled by her sweet spirit and asked if I could speak with her supervisor so I could tell them what excellent service she gave me. The Manager was so grateful for my compliment and told me that it was a great encouragement because most people don't take the time to give someone a compliment. I cherished each moment I spent in prayer over Delaney after I hung up the phone. I know that the Lord will bless her for blessing me.

Blessing #4.

This loving sister --> http://dnwfamily.blogspot.com/ wrote me the sweetest response to my last blog. It was an incredible encouragement to me and gave me an even deeper passion for my ministry. What a blessing you are, Natalie! Your thoughtful words brightened my day!

Blessing #5.

This beautiful sister --> http://luvmyarrows.blogspot.com/ sent me a sweet card in the mail that she made herself! In the card she put a picture of my beautiful future family-in-law at Sea World...




... and the sweetest picture of Chris and me outside of Buca di Beppo on our double date with Veronica and Tim.




Her card was a blessing, complete with Scripture (Jeremiah 29:11, which is a favorite of mine), and truly the kindest words. In addition to the card, she also sent me an e-mail letting me know that she is praying for me to feel better and encouraged me to stand strong against any plans Satan may have to ruin my ministry this weekend. You are an absolute gem, Veronica!

Blessing #6.

Last but not least, there's my wonderful and Godly man. This incredibly loving man drove all the way over to my apartment this morning to bring over saltines and ginger ale to make me feel better. I have never known any man in my life who is as selfless and giving as he is. He's driving up North for the 3rd time in a row this week so that he can read the Bible and pray with me. I thank my sweet Savior every day for giving me such a tremendous man. There's nothing I could have ever done to deserve having him by my side.






Thank You, Precious Lord, for whispering words of encouragement to me through such wonderful friends. Help me to always be thankful for these precious moments in life.



"He does not take his eyes off the righteous; he enthrones them with kings and exalts them forever." ~ Job 36:7

-Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Kel, I think we all feel like 'what did we do to deserve such a sweet girl to be a part of our Chris' life??!!'

    Nat and I prayed for you to feel better and Tim and I prayed for you together tonight, too. I can't wait to hear that you are feeling all better and then Satan will know that he is just never going to win against our precious JESUS!

    May your sleep be sweet, Sister, proverbs 3:24.
    xoxo, Veronica

    ReplyDelete