Friday, March 27, 2009

This Weekend

My sweet and cherished friends,

I will be ready to leave for the Women's Retreat in just a few hours. The Lord has been preparing me for this weekend for some time now. When I was asked a few months ago to lead worship, I knew that it was a gift from God. I had been praying that He would expand my music ministry and, since then, He has presented many additional opportunities as well. If our wonderful Lord is anything it's faithful.



I ask that you please keep me, as well as the other 40+ women attending, in your thoughts and prayers. The lesson being taught is in regards to Satan's lies versus God's Truth. I feel deep within that what we are going to be discussing this weekend is what each of us needs to let soak deep within our hearts. Women have more influence than we think, and we desperately need to make sure that we are being influenced my the Truth and nothing but the Truth.




Please also pray for me... that the Lord would use me to bring these women into the heart of worship. That the words of each song would go deep and would not leave them unchanged.




Please pray also that the Lord would use all of my spiritual gifts fully this weekend. That I would be able to reach out to unexpected people and make a difference for His Kingdom. "Give me a boldness, Lord."



"For what do I have if I don't have you Jesus?

What in this life could mean any more?

You are my rock, You are my glory,

You are the lifter of my head."

-Kelley

2 comments:

  1. Praying!!

    Jesus, take this servants heart and mold it to be bold as a lion and continue in seeking only your will and seeking to only please you with all she does. Lord, bless her throat and use your love as the soothing balm on her vocal cords. And, Jesus, as you use her this weekend, will you also bless her to be able to grow and grow and grow this weekend? I know you have something very special planned for her. Thank you, Lord, in your sweet and holy name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you have a wonderful weekend. So thankful that you've been blessed with a beautiful voice to sing and hands to play the piano. Cherish your time and know everything will be perfect because the Lord's plan always is. Praying also for a safe journey there and home again.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete